Clint Eastwood All Time Top Movies, Upcoming Movies List 2015 2016. Born on 31st May 1930 to a steel worker and a factory worker, Clint Eastwood is still a name to be reckoned with. He tried pursuing further education at the college in Los Angeles, but the lure of acting was too strong. However, initially he worked on titles that were not part of the main stream in the year 1955. Four years later, he got his break in Rawhide. He grabbed this opportunity with both hands and became an established television star.
The King of Action and Western Movies
His first two westerns were made in 1964 and 1965. While he earned some degree of success with A Fistful of Dollars and A Few Dollars more, his moment in the sun came in the year 1966. The Good the Bad and the Ugly established him as a movie star among film going audiences. Over the next number of years, he continued to establish himself in the genre and make a name for himself.
Let us look at the Clint Eastwood top five movies-
1. The Good the Bad and the Ugly- This was the movie that launched him as a successful star. The storyline revolves around three men and their quest for gold. Directed by Sergio Leone, this film is considered a true masterpiece by movie lovers around the world. The plot and the way the characters were written made this a must watch movie irrespective of its length.
2. Unforgiven- This 1992 movie examines the life of a reformed gunslinger. Clint Eastwood plays a character that was notorious for executing women and children at the blink of an eye. However, once he settled down and had kids of his own, his perspective of life underwent a paradigm shift. A movie starring Morgan Freeman, Richard Harris, and Gene Hackman, Clint Eastwood draws all the eyeballs with the changes in his character.
3. Gran Torino- Directed by Clint, this 2006 movie shows how a disgruntled war veteran makes friends with his neighbors who are not Americans. His character starts by showing utter disgust to anything foreign and then evolves as he is forced to protect his neighbors from a gang of thugs. He also develops a bond with the brother and sister duo that he ends up protecting.
4. Million Dollar Baby- Another movies directed by him, the movie includes a stellar cast of Hillary Swank and Morgan Freeman. Here he is a boxing coach who initially refuses to train Hillary Swank. It showcases how both of them battle the odds to try and make it. However, what sets this movie apart is the lack of a fairy tale ending and the high level of acting all around.
5. For a Few Dollars More- This was his second movie. Made in the year 1965, this was an Italian Western and the precursor to The Good, The Bad and The Ugly. It is a typical Western filled with duels and a number of action filled shots. This counts in the list as it laid the base for Clint Eastwoods’ stardom.
List of top 20 films of Clint Eastwood
2. Never Say Goodbye
3. Star in the Dust
4. Away All Boats
5. The First Traveling Saleslady
6. Escapade in Japan
7. Lafayette Escadrille
8. Ambush at Cimarron Pass
9. A Fistful of Dollars
10. For a Few Dollars More
11. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
12. Le streghe
13. Hang ‘Em High
14. Coogan’s Bluff
15. Where Eagles Dare
16. Paint Your Wagon
17. Two Mules for Sister Sara
18. Kelly’s Heroes
19. The Beguiled
20. Play Misty for Me
Upcoming movies of Clint Eastwood
Eastwood has managed to create a successful career over the past five to six decades. He has worn the hats of an actor and director successfully. Most importantly, he has shown that hard work and not an individual’s background determines their success in this industry. The acceptance of his work by the global audience is a testament to this fact.
There is so far no news about Upcoming movies of Clint Eastwood in 2015 2016
Today, more than ever, younger audiences are being exposed to movies made by him. This is fast establishing himself as a fan favorite among all age groups. In fact, people are looking towards the upcoming Oscar Awards to see if he tastes success again.