Tyler Perry is an American actor, screenwriter, director, playwright, author, producer, and songwriter. He was born on 13 September 1969 in New Orleans, United States. Perry produced and wrote several stage plays during the 90s and early 2000s. He was named the highest paid man in entertainment by the Forbes in 2011.
Perry is well known for creating and essaying the role of Madea, a tough elderly woman. Numerous stage play films have been subsequently adapted as professional films.
The juggling career of the multi talented sensation
Perry created several television shows, of which House of Payne was most successful. The show ran for eight seasons. Perry created multiple scripted series under the partnership with Oprah Winfrey and Oprah Winfrey Network. The Haves and the Have Nots is the most successful of the scripted series. The series was filled with typical affairs, betrayals, bitch slap and manipulations. In an episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show, he heard someone explained that sometimes-therapeutic effect the act of writing could enable the author to work out his or her own problems. This inspired Perry to start his career in writing. He soon began to write a series of letters to himself, which was the basis of the musical I Know I’ve Been Changed.
Perry’s first movie, Diary of a Mad Black Woman, received positive acclaims. Perry directed, produced, wrote, and starred in the film Why Did I Get Married? In 2008 the movie Meet the Browns opened at number 2. Later he had various films like The family That Preys, Madea Goes to Jail, I can Do bad all by myself.
Perry has a partnership with the Lions Gate Entertainment together they co-produce and distribute his films. He retains copyright ownership under the name Very Perry Films.
The top 5 films of talented Tyler Perry one should really watch for some good entertainment are:
1. Madea’s Big Happy Family: It is a comedy drama film based on the play with the same title. It is the fifth film in the Madea franchise. Tyler essayed the role of Madea and Joe Simmons in the film. The film received mixed reviews from the critics. Tyler also produced, directed, and wrote the drama film. The film is one of the Perry’s best. The film has good jokes. The main attention and focus is around Madea, but what she says about love and respect is overwhelming.
2. I Can Do Bad All by Myself: It is a romantic musical comedy. Tyler Perry portrays the role of Madea and Joe Simmons. The film received mixed and positive reviews from the critics. The story is about the three orphans looking for a home with a drunken diva aunt and the payoff contains plenty of amazing music. The film is a must watch for Gospel music lovers.
3. Why Did I Get Married: It is a comedy drama film adapted from the play with the same title. Tyler portrays the role of Terry a pediatrician. The film received an average response from the critics. The film produced, written and directed by Perry. The film is difficulty in maintaining a solid relationship in modern times. The movie explores the resultant emotional impact that love and betrayal have upon the constitution of marriage.
4. Good Deeds: It is a romantic drama film. The film is Co-produced, written, and directed by Tyler Perry. Tyler portrays the role of Wesley Deeds. The movie received mixed reviews
5. Madea goes to jail: It is a parodic comedy drama based on the play. Tyler portrays the role of Madea, Brian Simmons, and Joe Simmons. The movie received mixed reviews from the critics. The story is about the mischievous grandma who lands in jail due to her uncontrollable anger. She meets a variety of mixed up characters in the jail.
List of top 20 films of Tyler Perry
1. Diary of a Mad Black Woman
2. Madea’s Family Reunion
3. Daddy’s Little Girls
4. Why Did I Get Married?
5. Meet the Browns
6. The Family That Preys
7. Madea Goes to Jail
8. Star Trek
9. I Can Do Bad All By Myself
11. Why Did I Get Married Too?
12. For Colored Girls
13. Madea’s Big Happy Family
14. Good Deeds
15. Madea’s Witness Protection
16. Alex Cross
17. Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor
18. Tyler Perry Presents Peeples
19. A Madea Christmas
20. The Single Moms Club
Upcoming movies of Tyler Perry
The versatility of the actor can be seen in how he pulls of a male character with aplomb. His fan base is excited and awaiting his future releases. Check the below list of Upcoming movies of Tyler Perry
• Madea’s Tough Love- 2015
For the above movie he is director, writer, producer and actor. Fans are waiting for the release of the movie.